ww2 Conference Room Chair From Hitler's Eagles Nest
rare Conference Room Chair from the Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle’s Nest) at Obersalzberg in Berchtesgaden in the March 2015 Militaria & Firearm Auction. This chair was taken from the Eagles Nest in 1945 by General Joseph "Bud" Harper and was later given by Gen. Harper to Franklin Bloodworth. The chair is consigned by the Bloodworth family and is accompanied by a signed letter from Gen. Harper.
This chair was taken along with nine others by General Joseph H "Bud" Harper, Commander of the 327th Glider Infantry Regiment which was the Gliderborne Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division. Harper was assigned Military Governor of the area in through August 1945. Harper wanted to bring back “some souvenirs” to remind his men of their time in Germany, so in May 1945, with permission from General Maxwell D. Taylor, Harper chose 10 Conference Room Chairs. The Chairs were to be returned Stateside and were to become a permanent part of the Officer’s Mess for the 101st. Upon the end of the war the chairs remained in General Harper's personal possession.
This chair was consigned by the family of Franklin Bloodworth who is the recipient of the chair from Major General Joseph H "Bud" Harper and includes a signed letter from General Harper gifting the chair to his friend Franklin Bloodworth. The letter details the acquisition, transport, and storage of the chair. The Pratt Military Museum at Fort Campbell KY, has in their collection, 4 of the 10 chairs brought back by General Harper.